We, at PRONTO PASTA, are passionate about our products and so first perfected the pasta itself by working with the millers who mill our flour to produce perfectly textured pasta with an amazing flavor time and time again.
Pasta is one of the most popular foods for people of all ages worldwide. Quick and easy to make and packed with nutrients; pasta combines deliciously with practically everything. Above all you can enjoy its delicious taste without guilt, as it is neither heavy nor fattening. In fact, pasta is one of the healthiest and most nutritious foods, and is even recommended as one of the basic dishes in the famous ‘Mediterranean Diet’.
All of our products are made in-house and we work in conjunction with everyone who we source our raw ingredients from to guarantee products of the highest quality that are fresh and natural while packing a tremendous taste. Our products are completely free of colourants, artificial flavours and preservatives.
Keeping this in mind we branched out to heat and eat meals (ready meals) to meet the ever growing demand for such products from consumers who require a healthy, low-GI meal, that is packed with tremendous flavor while being quick and easy to prepare.
More and more we are living our lives in order to keep up with the various industries and responsibilities we are a part of; we are living life “in the fast-lane”. And so all of our products are quick and easy to prepare and we continually provide these products to the hot deli and frozen retail sectors.
The Health Benefits of Pasta
Pasta is a perfect foundation for healthy, nutritious and satisfying meals: pasta is generally eaten with nutrient-dense food partners, such as fiber-filled vegetables and beans, heart healthy fish and monounsaturated oils, antioxidant-rich tomato sauce and protein-packed cheeses, poultry and lean meats. Pasta offers:
- SUSTAINED ENERGY: Carbohydrates like pasta provide glucose, the crucial fuel for your brain and muscles. Pasta is an excellent source of complex carbohydrates, which provide a slow release of energy. Unlike simple sugars that offer a quick, yet fleeting boost of energy, pasta helps sustain energy.
- LOW SODIUM & CHOLESTEROL-FREE: Pasta is very low in sodium and cholesterol-free. Per cup, enriched varieties provide a good source of several essential nutrients, including iron and several B-vitamins. Whole wheat pasta can provide up to 25% of daily fiber requirements in every one cup portion.
- FOLIC ACID: Enriched pasta is fortified with folic acid – essential for women of child-bearing age. FDA regulations require enriched grain products to contain this important vitamin. A serving of dry pasta supplies the equivalent of roughly 100 micrograms of folic acid, or 25% of the recommended daily intake.
- BALANCED DIET: Pasta is part of a well-balanced diet. Current dietary guidance calls for up to 65% of daily calories to come from carbohydrates, such as pasta.
- LOW GI: Pasta has a low Glycemic Index (GI) so it does not cause blood glucose levels to rise quickly. Blood glucose is sometimes referred to as blood “sugar”.